8 lug to 6 lug swap ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's cheaper and easier to swap to single wheel, keeping your 8 lug and towing capacity. And like I said earlier, there are prolly more options for 8 lug than 6 lug.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the need for a 6-lug conversion here. Do the rims you want only come in a 6-lug design? If not stick with 8. Just swap rims and rotors up from to SRW, and then swap in a SRW 14BFF and rims for the rear.... Done (well except for the bed).

It's almost like you're equating 6-lug with SRW and 8-lug with DRW.... that's simply not correct.

What?

Reaction score
By the way, OP mentioned about using 6 lugs due to wheel choice.

I've done over limit on 1/2 ton towing and he will be fine with his basic towing on the 6 lug or 8 lug 2500 axle.

Finding a ccsb 6 lug doesnt exist. So, this is his alternate.

Last edited:

Aaron95obs

Reaction score
I'm not seeing the need for a 6-lug conversion here. Do the rims you want only come in a 6-lug design? If not stick with 8. Just swap rims and rotors up from to SRW, and then swap in a SRW 14BFF and rims for the rear.... Done (well except for the bed).

It's almost like you're equating 6-lug with SRW and 8-lug with DRW.... that's simply not correct.

Yes the wheels iam looking at only come in 6ug but I could be wrong gana do some more research

Aaron95obs

Reaction score
By the way, OP mentioned about using 6 lugs due to wheel choice.

I've done over limit on 1/2 ton towing and he will be fine with his basic towing on the heavy half 6 lug or 8 lug 2500 axle.

Finding a ccsb 6 lug doest exist. So, this is his alternate.

What is the most I can tow with the heavy half 6 lug rear end ?

Aaron95obs

Reaction score
Depends on who you ask.

Iam thinking maybe I'll be towing weight wise with trailer and vehicle max 8k anything bigger ibe got diesel buddys. My 98 k1500 tow a 4x4 2 Door Tahoe lifted on 35s from Tracy ca to Sacramento ca just fine did 55 the while way home didn't miss a beat. So that would be the most I'd do with this setup if u do this swap.

What?

Reaction score
Iam thinking maybe I'll be towing weight wise with trailer and vehicle max 8k anything bigger ibe got diesel buddys. My 98 k1500 tow a 4x4 2 Door Tahoe lifted on 35s from Tracy ca to Sacramento ca just fine did 55 the while way home didn't miss a beat. So that would be the most I'd do with this setup if u do this swap.
7k-8k, you'll be allright.

By the way, made mistake, heavy half is with 8 lug, not 6 lug.