700R4 to 5speed swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys my brother decided he was gonna go with a 5 speed trans in his truck now I've converted one before. I actually have a build thread on it. I sold the truck for $350, but I kept the trans.

The reason I sold is I got hit while driving my brothers truck. Totaled the truck but it got rebuilt.

The first conversion I done.
You must be registered for see images attach

My brothers truck totaled

As she sits now

And the trans that's going in it

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I do love the 5 speed in my truck.

But for my Impala I am looking on finding a 200R4 for it to replace the THM 200 it has now.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the five speeds my self I have this trans for well over two years just never had anything to put it in....

Then I got my truck but I'm wanting to keep it automatic.. You can prolly find a good one at a parts yard

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I personally do not care for the aluminum case 5 speeds, The nv4500 on the other hand, Now we're talkin lol. Most people don't drive like they are headed to a fire (as i do) tho, so i guess for the most part they are ok.

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 3500 is typically Ok until you really up the power or tow heavy. That being said if you shift slow and drive Ok the 3500 will last.

That being said if I had to buy a trans the 4500 is always top of the list, the 3500 for me works as a stand in until the 4500 is found.

source unknown

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had excellent results out of the five speed swap....

Zip tied the trans harness out of the way truck don't even idle funny any more lol will have more pics sometime soon

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Was that trans harness for the torque converter clutch lock up and OD? If so will that set the check engine light since the computer will not be able to activate those solenoids?

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they were for the lock up I'm running the 700R4 in my 94 now I have everything even overdrive I just put non lock up converter in it ...
On the other Hand the computer is indeed throwing the torque converter lock up error code