$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Hi. I'm Rob, and I'm a 49 year old outlier. Most of my work history involves 2 and sometimes 3 jobs at a time. Even two 40 hour/week full time jobs at the same time. You get sucked into the undertow of working to make a living, and no time to get the college education mentioned. ESPECIALLY if you make children in what little time you do have between jobs. There's no escape. And yes, I realize I've put myself in this position, no one else did.
I'm gonna have to work till I die, then I'll get written up for dying on the job...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
:banghead: Spent an hour and a half on just removing the stupid bolt for the jack holder. After heat, penetrating oil and vice grips I finally worked it out, total waste of an afternoon. Also it appears I’m managing to break every sill plate since all of the Phillips head screws are stripped beyond belief. And the ones that weren’t already stripped, I went ahead and stripped those too so they match
Once you get all the sill plates off, try stainless steel screws to put them on with. The Phillips head gets clogged with grunge and mud, and then you have to smack them with a hammer to get them out, or keep them from stripping out worse ( ask me how I know). I'm going back with stainless on my Burb, when I get to the interior cleaning.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you get all the sill plates off, try stainless steel screws to put them on with. The Phillips head gets clogged with grunge and mud, and then you have to smack them with a hammer to get them out, or keep them from stripping out worse ( ask me how I know). I'm going back with stainless on my Burb, when I get to the interior cleaning.
That sounds like a good idea. Cause most the screws are exposed to the elements from going through the floor pan. I'm to finding that some of the ones I took out are rusted from the bottom. Truck came from up north. Haven't tried taking many of the screws out from the interior. But the ones I have, caused a bit of cussin!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Continued with the interior tear down today

I freaking love the way this thing sits!
You must be registered for see images attach

These 2 pics are just after I finally got the rubber floor mat out. This truck has had a rough 100k miles before I got it.

This is how it sits now after vacuuming everything that would come up.

Im gonna research the best way to temp / permanently repair the holes in the floor, short of replacing the whole floor pan.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Continued with the interior tear down today

I freaking love the way this thing sits!

These 2 pics are just after I finally got the rubber floor mat out. This truck has had a rough 100k miles before I got it.

This is how it sits now after vacuuming everything that would come up.

Im gonna research the best way to temp / permanently repair the holes in the floor, short of replacing the whole floor pan.
Wow, any further north and you wouldn't have floor pans at all. It's coming along nice though otherwise!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know it's scary because you never know the conditions of the metal under you put your peepers on it.... my suburban has some mild surface rust on the front passenger floor and the rear left side where the 3rd row sit. Both I think are from water leakage.....