$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I thought about that after I posted. My impression is that a weak car wash pressure washer would do nicely. If I used my home one up close it'd be questionable.
Yeah mine is too powerful as well. I thought about using a wet rag soaked with laundry detergent and rubbing it down, and maybe rinsing with just a regular hose on low

frito-bandito

Reaction score
On a different note, I have the larger C3500 non airbag steering wheel. I want to swap it out for a smaller leather wrap air bag wheel. The problem is that the junkyard won’t sell any sort of airbag due to liability reasons. So is it possible to remove just the airbag and still have a functional horn button center piece?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
On a different note, I have the larger C3500 non airbag steering wheel. I want to swap it out for a smaller leather wrap air bag wheel. The problem is that the junkyard won’t sell any sort of airbag due to liability reasons. So is it possible to remove just the airbag and still have a functional horn button center piece?

Find someone parting a truck or selling a complete wheel/column. Not a business, a person. That's how I nabbed a wheel and airbag that I have yet to swap.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the direction this is going. Personally I'd cut the nets off the seat an get rid of them. They are only junk collectors anyhow lol. On the console I would have grabbed a 01 up tahoe/burb one to get decent cup holders!

For the wheel you'll probably have to keep an eye on private sellers to get the bag portion. You really only need the cover though so if you can separate the bag from a decent cover the horn should still work I believe. I thought the 3500s still got a driver side bag just not a passenger one....

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Love the direction this is going. Personally I'd cut the nets off the seat an get rid of them. They are only junk collectors anyhow lol. On the console I would have grabbed a 01 up tahoe/burb one to get decent cup holders!

For the wheel you'll probably have to keep an eye on private sellers to get the bag portion. You really only need the cover though so if you can separate the bag from a decent cover the horn should still work I believe. I thought the 3500s still got a driver side bag just not a passenger one....
No drivers airbag, my 99 2500 didn’t have one either. I wonder how crappy it would look if I cut the netting off?