$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
People have wives/girlfriends that approve of their automotive hobby???Maybe in movies. Lol! Don't mind me, I'm just envious.
Outside of wife, kids and work, cars/trucks is all I want in the little time left from those things. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, chase women, hunt, fish, gamble... I'm not a sports junkie. Money goes to house, wife and kids before cars. But you'd think I was abandoning my family if I wanted to go turn a wrench on my truck or car...

Uhh... Sorry. All that just slipped out a little there. Carry on! Nothing to see here!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I can sympathize! Mom wanted to go to the wrecking yard even less than she usually wants to go to work. And I'd already told her she didn't have to go in, she could stay in the Burb and read. Sun was out Thursday, so it really wasn't unpleasant outside. I just got the storage boxes ( wasn't sure how much they'd be and didn't want to spend all my cash). But I started talking about some other parts I saw out there, that the Burb does need, and she was not pleased. She's not interested in going to the Conroe swap meet in a month either, but she sure wanted and liked the $$ I brought home last time.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard today to grab the rear seats out of the same nasty Tahoe that I got the fronts out of. I got everything unbolted except the 2 torx head bolts between the seats where the seatbelts bolt up. I almost broke my torx socket on those rusty bolts but didn’t break them loose.

Frustrated, I recalled another Tahoe across the yard that also had grey interior, so I went to take a look and was pleasantly surprised. Those seats were 20X better than the first set. Naturally I made sure to remove the 2 troublesome torx bolts first, which they came right out. So in short order, I had both of the seats out!!!

The second Tahoe, the damage was the only downside since it required me to crawl in from the drivers side in order to unbolt the passenger side seat.
You must be registered for see images attach

The nicer seats out and in the wheelbarrow, I went back to the first Tahoe to take a look at the power seat harness under the carpet since the front seats were obviously removed lol

Stopped at Advance Auto on the way home to get leather cleaner and conditioner

Better picture of the seats, not bad for $47!!!!! Now it’s time to start cleaning.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Started a preliminary cleaning on the front seats with one part Dawn in 5 parts water, mainly to get rid of the mildew. I’ll do the deep cleaning and conditioning with the Lexol stuff I bought.

Anyone have any pointers on cleaning the cloth mesh stuff? It doesn’t come off of the seat.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was mine. What I did was pull the slack out . Once its tight and not sagging, secure it. Spray your favorite cleaner and use a soft brush, and massage the fabric in the same pattern direction. Another way but mine is cloth seats is use that fancy cleaner/vacuum that's used for seats and run it on the next same direction of the fabric. I actually want to buy me one for the burb. That's what I would do and spray lysol