6 lug Center caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Hey all,

I would like 4 center caps for the rims for my truck. I'll take ideas, as well.

Also, will the center caps that say "4x4" on them ( commonly seen on square bodies fit on my rims?

I've attached pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20230107_170238654.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230107_170238654.MP.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 14

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The square body and 400 truck wheels are dramatically different. The K10 15" have a manual hub that protrudes through the front, and the centercaps bolt/screw onto the wheel itself. They remain fastened to the wheel when you remove the lug nuts

The 16" GMT400 use spring steel to "clip" onto the lug nuts. The caps need to be pried off to access the lugnuts.

So the answer is no.

One caveat: the centercaps on the PPV Tahoe did bolt to special steel wheels, but they were 5 lug 2wd only...

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The square body and 400 truck wheels are dramatically different. The K10 15" have a manual hub that protrudes through the front, and the centercaps bolt/screw onto the wheel itself. They remain fastened to the wheel when you remove the lug nuts

The 16" GMT400 use spring steel to "clip" onto the lug nuts. The caps need to be pried off to access the lugnuts.

So the answer is no.

One caveat: the centercaps on the PPV Tahoe did bolt to special steel wheels, but they were 5 lug 2wd only...
Mine don’t work like that at all on my 96 K1500. The center caps are only held in place by black plastic caps that thread onto lug’s with external threads.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Or the ones with the separate plastic lug nut covers that screw onto the threads on the actual lug nuts (this looks like the type of lug nuts that are on your wheels). Like this one on Rawhide but not quite as big, and with two fewer lug nuts.... they also came in black finish on the Scottsdale and Cheyenne trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_20221203_124453635_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221203_124453635_HDR.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 3

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I would like 4 center caps for the rims for my truck. I'll take ideas, as well.

Also, will the center caps that say "4x4" on them ( commonly seen on square bodies fit on my rims?

I've attached pictures.
Do your lug nuts look like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine don’t work like that at all on my 96 K1500. The center caps are only held in place by black plastic caps that thread onto lug’s with external threads.

That is true, as your truck was equipped with external thread lug nuts, no doubt.

If you zoom in on O.P.s pic, you will see he has the non external threaded lug nuts, (like those found under saw blade alloy wheel centercaps), which use the clip style.

Edit: I went back and looked again, almost looks like O.P. has 3 of each style. If that's the case he needs to get 24 of a kind and get the appropriate centercap.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or the ones with the separate plastic lug nut covers that screw onto the threads on the actual lug nuts (this looks like the type of lug nuts that are on your wheels). Like this one on Rawhide but not quite as big, and with two fewer lug nuts.... they also came in black finish on the Scottsdale and Cheyenne trucks.
I think my center caps work the same as yours.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was kinda tough to see, but I guess I don’t see threads. When you said
it through me.
If he changed lug nut type, he could use my set up I suppose.