5.7l TBI valve seal replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bank 1 done and no exhaust valve seals found. Not even a trace lol. im pretty confident that this will fix my oil consumption.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
kinda important i thought, no torque spec on rockers you have to preload them and then zero lash them while engines running, i thought you did lsx engines before? how dont you know how to set rockers?

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was just wondering if the procedure was the same on these motors. And to be honest Ive always just followed a fsm, just dont have access to one right now. But we never set lash on ls motors running. Just tighten till drag is felt on pushroad then tighten another 1/2 - 3/4 turn.

Im going back to autozone tomorrow to get the missing o-rings and then finish it up.

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
shoulda came with o rings for both intake and exhaust seals if not write whereever you bought em from, ive never done lsx rockers, someone else always got to it before me, i figure it would be relatively the same yanno both are pushrod motors, lifter down tighten till you have little movement both spinning and ip and down on the pushrod and thats preload, do all those then while running back off a rocker until it chatters, then tighten til it stops then 1/4-3/4 turn depending, i usally do a half on tbi or my trucks have always liked a half, you sorta listen to to what the motor is telling you, if its too tight youll hear it if its too loose you can tell and so on.

on a sidenote ive had friends do it exactly as you suggested and not zero lash and the motors have been fine, i just personally feel like zero lash reduces risk of error.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got it done. I just adjusted them with the motor off. Sounds and runs great, no more smoke. I did go back and get the orings then redid bank 1. Bought to take her on a test drive to autozone.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
woohoo good stuff, i dont exactly know what the o rings did just felt safer with them on there because the valves are made ofr them yanno.
Yeah me too. But I really cant see the purpose or importance of them, newer sbc dont have them.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Was just wondering if the procedure was the same on these motors. And to be honest Ive always just followed a fsm, just dont have access to one right now. But we never set lash on ls motors running. Just tighten till drag is felt on pushroad then tighten another 1/2 - 3/4 turn.

Im going back to autozone tomorrow to get the missing o-rings and then finish it up.
That's it. Intake opening, exhaust closing