5.7l TBI valve seal replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i usually go with the standard stock replacement intake ones and for the exhaust i do the high temp ones, every set of tbi heads ive pulled apart regardless of stock or rebuilt the stock or stock replacement valve seasl are either throtoughly melted, completely destroed or just plain out not there anymore
So should I be looking for nitrile ones?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i believe so, theyve worked on everything ive used em on before, 882/113/416/083/tbi heads ive all done with those unless ive missed something but the engines are still going strong not burning anything.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered a set of the ss72877 and a set of intake seals into a local autozone and picked them up today. Looking to install them tomorrow provided weather is nice.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for getting the keepers off? Spring compressors just keeps pulling the bottom of the spring up and not letting tension off the keepers.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I tried that too. I finally found a method that works, its just difficult to get tne compressor to stay on. It doesnt fit very well.

Worse than I thought. There was no sign of a exhaust valve seal on cylinder 1.