5.7 vortec traditional injectors ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 99 yukon.
I just replaced the melted spider injectors with the updated style . It ran great for a few days and then started dumping fuel down my intake. Filled up my oil pan and all.

I'm pulling spark plugs out draining oil and now checking the fuel injectors.

The fuel pressure regulator is dumping gas.

I went to replace it with a new one and the new one is to thick. So the retainer wouldn't clamp on the the regulator to hold it to the injectors BOx.

In my effort of doing this I managed to get it secure, holds 60psi. "Verified"

The outer ears that hold the retainer are good. The bottom center one broke off .. it does hold pressure.

Should I be safe to drive ? Or is this brand new unit ruined...

I'm kind of fed up with this system already.

Is it possible to install the holley efi manifold and put stock sized 19-22 injectors in and drive without a tune till I can get one ?

It would be about the same synario of someone installing the marine manifold and spec's injectors and driving that without a tune . Only till I can find a tuner .

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've broken new parts too, but that doesn't mean the part/system sucked. I have a hunch you bought a generic aftermarket spider and regulator, and if there is a problem that's probably it. GM, Delphi, or Standard Motor is probably the only brands to consider and trust.

I don't know if the Holley system will work without a tune, but if the regulator doesn't fit, purchasing one of the above brands regulator with a new bracket is probably a whole lot cheaper and possibly more reliable than the Holley.

My Delphi regulator fit perfectly and came with a new bracket, but the old one was fine and I reused it.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I never liked the spider design my self. It would be nice if there was a way to switch to a more traditional setup.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I never liked the spider design my self. It would be nice if there was a way to switch to a more traditional setup.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Marine intakes are an option. Mercruiser used this one and a MPI dual plane option.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Even if it was a straight swap over, you would at the very minimum have to scale the injectors in the tune. I don't think there is a swap that doesn't need some kind of tune, aside from the mpi spider