5.7 injector part number help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twodrhoe

Reaction score
This is a question that I'm sure has been answered before but can anyone tell me what the part # is for the injector spider replacement? And whitch intake gasket sets are? Best place to buy for cost and reliability. Thanks Tips and tricks on this repair?

Last edited:

twodrhoe

Reaction score
Thanks man! Got them on the way. Any tips or tricks on this job? Tearing her down this weekend

jawat96

Reaction score
well this http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?118-Intake-Gasket-Replacement will get ya there and back with a little common sense ..obviously you wont have to do everything he did if you are just doing the spider and not upper & lower intake gasket , but its got great pictures and a good over all description of what you're gonna be tackling.

as far as the assembly itself; i've read its pretty much an un plug replug kinda thing.

i just ordered all the same parts monday i linked ya;and will be doing this same job saturday. since i have a leaking lower intake gasket im going to do the injector assembly while im in there so i dont have to go back in later.

Last edited:

jawat96

Reaction score
so got it done; parts didnt arrive till 2 pm on saturday. so only got 3 hours on it; basically read the link about the gasket replacement here in the stickies went out and tore it down; the spider is simply plug and play and the original bracket worked fine on the new part for me. started back on it sunday around 1030 am and even after breaking a few things, 2 trips to the parts store, and one to the local pick n pull for lost bolts ( they always seems to fall into crevices in the engine bay you cant get to) i had it put back together and running by 5pm.
i have never worked on a computer controlled vehicle, all my experience comes from pre 1985 rebuilds and such; so it looked way more daunting then it is. it is very time consuming removing all the junk from the engine before ya actually get to what ya need to get at. i didnt label anything... it all only plugs into one spot so you cant mix them up, i did however mark the dizzy; cuz thats, well just common sense.
fired it up and it ran fine first try. no check engine lights or anything. the new spider also cleared up an annoying miss that wouldnt go away. so really was worth it. it idles way smoother now;wasnt bad before but is a noticeable improvement. my butt dyno has however registered no power gains. although i didnt expect any either. all in all not an overly difficult repair just time consuming.