5.3l swap in a 5.7l tbi 1995 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. I’m sure there is some stuff floating around but can’t seem to find a straight answer. I just got a motor with harness and computer even got the fuse block lol. But idk what I should do I understand the adaptor for mounts and trans but what about ELECTRICAL!!!!! What should I do? Any suggestions

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need to clean out the useless **** on the LS harness and get the wiring diagram for your truck, and rewire it to match with the LS ECM

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Better yet, go with the Holley Terminator X and avoid the tuning saga.....
I was looking at that. But curious how that would work with the factory system? Like powering on the lights and turns and stuff I’ve never done this before and most forums I read don’t give the info I’m looking for

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has a tach output, and your speedo should read off of the trans output. The rest of your gages should work off of their respective senders-you just have to adapt them to the LS. The rest o& the electronics-turn signals and such-are independent of the computer. You will read engine info off of the Terminator X itself.

Madscientist

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lt1swap.com has a bunch Of info on wiring. Thats where i got all my info doing my 5.3 swap. Just spend some time reading everything you can find in there.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't over think the electrical. It may seem overwhelming at first. But just go one wire at a time.

Think of it like this.
Pink wires are IGN Fused
Orange wires are Battery Fused
Black wires are ground.
It's really that simple.

For testing purposes we have tied all the orange and pink wires together. And the black wires to ground and fired up the truck before.

What year PCM and harness are you working with?

I will say the Terminator is extremely easy to tune with. I've done several and really like them and I've been tuning with EFI Live for 16 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Blanco_obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on putting a cam and springs in the engine also it’s from a 01 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk