5.3 or 6.0 swap in Arizona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been going back and forth trying to decide wich is the best route to go on motor upgrades. i want to get a little bit over 300hp and be able to daily drive it. i have a stock 5.7 in my 96 rcsb that originally came with a 5.0, but i want more power to the truck. i was set on doing a 5.3 swap but the shop i went to said they would do it for around 5k. thats including all parts and labor for the swap. in other words i drop off my truck with the 5.7 in there, then pick it up and drive away with a 5.3 in there ready for daily use. then i figured i could do alot to my truck with 5k but i would not have the smoother, lighter, and more economical LS motor. is there any shop you would recommend that would do the swap? ive never done a swap like this before but is 5k reasonable for the job being done? or should i just put some money into my existing motor? any help is appreciated!

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's actually a damn good price for a fully rebuilt motor and install, as long as the install includes all the wiring.

Most people spend that much just getting a junkyard motor swapped themselves before they're done with it.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got an lq9 and I'm gonna be pairing it up with a 4l80e transmission. (5 years later lol) any suggestions on cam? I won't be boosting it or anything like that. Just want a nice street friendly motor with power on command. Also, stall and longtubes, best bang for your buck?

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gerardobernal1; I just got 1 of those too and was looking around and found alot more answers at Ls1truck site !! Nothing wrong with this site but that new site has dealt with the swap for years now and there is so much info there !!! Lots of people ready, to chime in and help too !! gl with your swap---Dave.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey gerardobernal1; I just got 1 of those too and was looking around and found alot more answers at Ls1truck site !! Nothing wrong with this site but that new site has dealt with the swap for years now and there is so much info there !!! Lots of people ready, to chime in and help too !! gl with your swap---Dave.

Thanks! I'll have to go check that out!!