4WD console light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Is the 4WD shifter console supposed to be lit when the ignition switch is in the on position or when the lights are on? Mine lights up when the ignition switch is on. I'm rebuilding my truck after a fire and it's been several years since then, but it seemed like it lit up when the lights were on back then.
Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20230802_214157911.jpg
    IMG_20230802_214157911.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 2

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may be specific to certain models/years, but it definitely lights up with the interior lights on the later model year trucks. Someone else will need to answer about the ignition switch.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This may be specific to certain models/years, but it definitely lights up with the interior lights on the later model year trucks. Someone else will need to answer about the ignition switch.
Thanks! That's what I thought I remembered, but it's been several years. I don't see why it would need to light up when the ignition switch is in the on position, which means it would be on during the day or night when the truck was running. I may have switched the sockets, but I think the holes are slightly different so that doesn't happen and besides, I don't think it's in 4WD right now, anyway. Ive run into all kinds of funky stuff since I've started to put the truck back together.