4l80e what years can I use!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherryRed94

Reaction score
Ok so I'm pretty sure im going 80e "unless I find a built 65 super cheap" but my question is what years will work. I was told it must have center bolt hole. What converter will work "stocks" TBSS? Thanks again guys

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 94 and onward Trans runs the same wiring harness and solenoids. The case would have changed for the 99 and up model years adding the additional bolt. You need an flex plate and spacer from an LS engine that had an 80e to keep things simple. The torque convertor pattern never changed on the 80e... they adapted the LS to fit the transmission instead.

This is all assuming you are running an LS2 from a Trailblazer SS here....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you only need a flex plate that is drilled for the th400/4l80e torque converter pattern, no spacer or ls crank spacer needed.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you only need a flex plate that is drilled for the th400/4l80e torque converter pattern, no spacer or ls crank spacer needed.
Yeah you need the spacer... every LQ4 out there bolted to an 80e has one.... unless it's a 1999 or 2000 as the rear snout of the crankshaft was longer versus 2001 up where they started using the same crank in the 6 liters as the 5.3.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you need the spacer... every LQ4 out there bolted to an 80e has one.... unless it's a 1999 or 2000 as the rear snout of the crankshaft was longer versus 2001 up where they started using the same crank in the 6 liters as the 5.3.

I assumed the 4l80e was going behind a sbc not an lsx. If it's going behind an lsx then yes you need the spacer parts. If its going behind a sbc I don't think you need the spacer.