4l60e cracked case for 3rd time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21InA94

Reaction score
Have the same problem second transmission in 6 months bought the truck with a vibration changed the u joints a broke the first trans not long after around July a few months go by I replace my whole front suspension and go back to a more stock size rim and tire then coming home one day truck just shuts down on the highway get home notice a small Trans leak so I run to gas station for some atf pouring it in somebody tells me it's coming out faster than I'm pouring. Same spot as last in the rear by transfer case. Now stuck between buying another 2 year only 4l60e or buy a parts truck with a ls and get it for its rear end as well (now that I think about it its probably due to my rear end having that clunk lol.)

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I actually came across a transmission source that stated that a rear cross member mount often causes this issue...now have to find that source! I couldn't remember the name of the thread when I found that article. Doh!

@Hipster discussed the issue in great detail a few pages back....you should read the entire thread from the beginning. Good luck!