454 SS stock suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does look a little lower, but def not a 2/4 like people say.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Now that I see that one you posted, I can see the diff.
Every time I see my truck at stock height, it looks like what my buddy said about it. A blue smurf that's been kicked in the butt! Next time I see a real 454SS, probably this summer, I'll see if I can get a pic of it beside mine, just for comparison.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, you never can tell though. Very few of these trucks in original form. And for a good reason, they all look weird with the tail jacked way up in the air :D . Mine should be quite low (5/5 or 5/6) this summer.

VA454SS

Reaction score
Now you guys have me wondering. Not saying you're wrong. You know more about these trucks than I do, but here's a couple pix of a one owner, ultra low mileage, so damn original it hurts, SS.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can promise you that ain't stock! Either drop shackles or hangars, but not both.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
VA that def looks lower than my truck. I thought I had shackles and hangers on mine. What do you think?

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
granted I don't have the SS but mine is the sport which had the same suspension package. mine hasn't been altered at all and I'm riding on a set of 31x10.50x15 and still have plenty of room.

HoneyBadger

Reaction score