411 swap vs stand-alone ecu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I have this 1999 crewcab shortbed k2500 with a 454/4l80e combo and the plans are to turbo it and run some nitrous with it. What would be best? Im an electrician and not to worried about wiring either way. If I go stand-alone it’ll be a megasquirt 3

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't spend much time looking but the megasquirt kit is in the few hundred dollar range? It would probably be the cheaper route to go, but more work to install. That said, i think it would probably be better suited for something like this. That is mostly a guess though as I've never really looked into the capability too much, I have just seen people running it on the turbo forums that are happy with it.

411 will also do it, you'll obviously have to buy a tuning suite which is a little more expensive. And then you can convert it to a 2 or 3 bar SD operating system.

dfarr67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
0411 is a very versatile ecu- with oem reliability. I would look into costs of tuner software.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You'll find more tuners available for the 411 vs the Megasquirt. 411 does boost and nitrous as well.