Pcm 411 swap harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I used to be in the jdm import scene and they used to have jumper harnesses for the ecu you can swap ecus easily, is there a jumper harness for the pcm 411 swap ? I don't want to hack my own harness due to emissions I want to be able to swap the pcm 411 and when song time comes swap back to factory with out a reflash. Has anyone made one yet? I'm thinking about making one

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I used to be in the jdm import scene and they used to have jumper harnesses for the ecu you can swap ecus easily, is there a jumper harness for the pcm 411 swap ? I don't want to hack my own harness due to emissions I want to be able to swap the pcm 411 and when song time comes swap back to factory with out a reflash. Has anyone made one yet? I'm thinking about making one
*Smog time

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to 96+ Vortec Performance + Computer Swaps.

I bet you could sell a bunch of those harnesses. I'd be way more likely to upgrade computers if I didn't have to dick with the wiring.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing you need to figure out: Where are you going to get the matching connector bodies? Pins and seals are less of a problem but you still need to identify a source.

Next thing: How do you plan to color-code the wires? First Guess--you're not. Or at least, they'd be minimally color coded. There's a few colors of wire available, plus paint pens for stripes. I worked for a company that put numbers onto white wires, you'd pull the wire through this machine and it would print [circuit] 452 or 143 or whatever, every few inches, all along the wire. So there'd be five, twenty, thirty white wires in a bundle, but they'd each be identifiable based on the circuit number they corresponded to. Your harnesses would be short--maybe a Dymo lablemaker with a color code wording printed on a label you stick on each wire. Or...like I said...just don't worry about it. As long as each wire is correctly assembled into the proper hole in the plastic connector body, it may not matter.

A guy in his basement or garage can do wondrous stuff that functions well...but it generally doesn't look like an OEM product.

Last edited:

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing you need to figure out: Where are you going to get the matching connector bodies? Pins and seals are less of a problem but you still need to identify a source.

Next thing: How do you plan to color-code the wires? First Guess--you're not. Or at least, they'd be minimally color coded. There's a few colors of wire available, plus paint pens for stripes. I worked for a company that put numbers onto white wires, you'd pull the wire through this machine and it would print [circuit] 452 or 143 or whatever, every few inches, all along the wire. So there'd be five, twenty, thirty white wires in a bundle, but they'd each be identifiable based on the circuit number they corresponded to. Your harnesses would be short--maybe a Dymo lablemaker with a color code wording printed on a label you stick on each wire. Or...like I said...just don't worry about it. As long as each wire is correctly assembled into the proper hole in the plastic connector body, it may not matter.

A guy in his basement or garage can do wondrous stuff that functions well...but it generally doesn't look like an OEM product.
I also worked for a company in the past that had one of those wiring numbering machines…the one they had was actually fairly simple to use, and worked quite efficiently as long as you had the wire feeding smoothly…the setup seemed to be pretty basic and somewhat old school based on the technology and all the computerized operating equipment that most things seemed to have these days….

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wire numbering tool used to be standard in every Air Force support equipment shop. Some time in the '90s everybody got away from numbering replacement wires, and now all the newer equipment uses colored wiring.