411 PCM Swap - 454/5spd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I do not know a single thing about tuning and was curious if anyone had messed with a 411 in a 454 with a 5 speed combo. I can't find any info on this online so I don't know where to start.

Can I create a custom tune? If so do I pony up the $600 for the HP Tuner software and equipment and find a bin on their website? I know they have a repository of bin files but I have to purchase the $600 in stuff before I have access and I really don't want to risk it unless I'm confident they have a close tune file.

If I had a 350 I know everything would be fine and dandy but with the 454 I'm a bit eerie of it.

Or is there any other software I should be aware about? Tuner Pro looks like it's for OBD1 stuff only.

Thank you!!

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you buy your 0411 from lextech he'll put a starter tune on it, which I'm sure he would have setup for the manual. Otherwise yes, you can buy hp tuners and make your own tune, which is nice to have if you're doing mods. I wouldn't bank on there being a tune in the repository for a manual 454 truck (last I looked there aren't any). I believe you should be able to use a tune from an auto truck, and do a segment swap to get the manual transmission files.