4 HI headlight question. HELP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know, and heard of the 4 HI headlight mod. Surely soon enough I am going to do this mod and read enough to know - what goes where.

My question is; Can you have something similar to a 4 HI headlight mod; something I would call a *4 LO*?

-My DRL when truck is running are on the inside, and the headlights are on the outside. Also the high beams are on the inside. Is there a way when you turn on your headlights that the inside DRL lights stay on? I love the looks of having 4 at the time and wondering if it would work. I`m sure there are other electrical guru`s out there that could help me out. I am pretty good at the electrical stuff on vehicles but needing help to see if this would work or not.

If it would work, would you be able to use both? - HI 4, and *LO 4* at the same time? Of course they would be triggered at different times, but having both wired in a same vehicle.

Truck year is a 1992
--So when running, the inside are on a dim.
--Headlights when turned on are on the outside and the inside DRL turn off.
--High beams are on inside and outside headlights turn off.

If it works, I am going to trademark this and copyright it! lol :33:

Lets see what you guys can come up with! Thanks for any help! :popcorn:
-Rylen. M.

fjr1320

Reaction score
Ok so if I'm getting this right, you're wanting 4-hi when your DRL's are on? If so, I'd imagine that it'd be fairly simple to wire up. However, I would think that doing so would make your lights burn out quite frequently. Reason being that your DRL's aren't drawing full power for the lights (they're only pulling enough to dimly light the bulb) and running lights on lower power is hard as hell on them. This is the reason that many people who have a truck with DRL's bypass them by pulling the fuse.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Possible with a resistor, but not sure this is a good idea.
he is wanting to dimly light the low beams like the high beams do when the DRL's are on, and keep the DRL's on with the low beams.

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
If you did this where all 4 were lit with the DRLs, the low beams, and the high beams, and you had a heavy duty headlight harness, fog lights, and reverse lights like mine, you would have a bank of relays covering half your firewall and enough wiring to make the stock harness look puny lol.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, have the 4 hi done, looks great I think! I just had that idea and had no idea to what you would need to do or if it would be even remotely possible, won`t do them because it seems just like way too much work for the little upgrade which is purely for looks and not actual use.