4 HI/4 LO SWITCH (electronic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Just bought a '97 with electronic 4x4, all other vehicles I have owned were the shifter style. When I am in 2HI the light indicator is a solid orange but when I shift to 4HI or 4LO, the indicator light flashes orange. I know the front end is engaged by the way the truck handles but I thought the light would be solid. Could there be something wrong or is this normal?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the transfer case an diff are engaged it should turn solid. It only blinks while it's shifting, in my truck anyway....

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Try putting it in neutral and shifting it to 4HI or 4LOW. Sometime it wont let me shift when I'm in Drive.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should go into 4 hi anytime at any speed. I've only been brave enough to try mine at about 40 mph. Worked fine there though.

For 4 low you have to be stopped an the transmission in neutral...

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Im always stopped and in neutral when engaging. The light blinks all the time but I figured it should be solid. I can tell the difference but I'll have it checked out. Thanks guys