4/6 shorter shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
i recently did a flip kit on my truck (95 sierra std cab 2wd) as soon i did it i noticed my shocks are collapsed all the way. as im a noob i didnt know i needed drop shocks. well my question is, have any of you just used a shorter shock from autozone or oriellys?

i like this idea because they have warranty and they usually replace them no questions asked. also the price is great. any info would be great.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you could do that I guess, or just get shock extenders and run your stock stuff. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff either. I bought my truck with a 4/2 drop already on it, sorry.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
summit has em on sale for 21.50 right now measure to double check but I think you will need 7724 and 7725 I just put my flip kit on today as well and if you dont have extenders you should get Im gonna order me some

jdmdrew

Reaction score
I'll be sure to Check em out. Do The extenders adds 2 or 3 inch?
I looked under my truck and right now the bracket were u bolt on the shock is
Welded to the driveshaft. Is that what u do with extenders or do the bolt to that bracket?
Thanx for the replies

jdmdrew

Reaction score
I'll be sure to Check em out. Do The extenders adds 2 or 3 inch?
I looked under my truck and right now the bracket were u bolt on the shock is
Welded to the driveshaft. Is that what u do with extenders or do the bolt to that bracket?
Thanx for the replies

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I first did my 4/6, I used the stock shocks, with no extenders. Bzzzzt! WRONG! Might as well had no shocks at all. Painful to drive! To me & the truck!

jdmdrew

Reaction score
summit has em on sale for 21.50 right now measure to double check but I think you will need 7724 and 7725 I just put my flip kit on today as well and if you dont have extenders you should get Im gonna order me some

Thank you so much I called them up, and yup 21 bux. I just ordered. Incase some of you wanna know there good for 5-7inch drop. shocks with overnight shipping for 70 not bad. Thank again