4/6" Drop on a K3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you're telling me 2" 4" is possible on a 1500 K series without a c-notch, right?
4" rear drop without modifying the bed. 2" leaf hangers up front, plus 2" shackles in the back, gives the back of the truck 4".

A drop of 6" requires an axle flip. That will necessitate a c-notch and cutting the bed supports.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thank you both! @sewlow, the distance between the exhaust and the bed seems to be smallar than the gap over the rear-diff? why the need for clearance over the pumpkin yet not the exhaust?
Like HotWheelsBurban said.
The diff moves. The exhaust is stationary.
That was a stupid exhaust system anyhow.
It was built with the idea of an LS blowing through it. Eventually. The truck had a 4.3 at the time.
Stock manifolds into a custom-bent larger diameter Y-pipe, (Tucked up, forward & under that front part of the oil pan. The factory one was the lowest part hanging down under the truck.) into a Magnaflow ('Magna-blo') muffler & then up & over the diff out to the rear corner.
It sounded t-e-r-r-r-r-ible! Especially with the V6's 120 degrees of crank rotation between cylinder firings. (Fart-fart-fart-fart-Brrrraaaap!) Embarrassing loud.
Adding the resonator was no help.
When I pulled the engine, all the crap went too.