4/6 drop 15" wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I am in the middle of an apparently never ending 4/6 drop. I have DJM 2056 spindles and stock 5 spoke mags after I buttoned up the front of the truck I put the wheels on and the inner lip is hitting the tie rod end. I bought 1/4" wheel spacers and they still hit (not nearly as bad). Since I was planning on buying new 15" rims I was wondering if anyone has run into this and what backspacing did you run/how did you fix this? My tires are 225/70s I have no problem rolling the lips. Here is a pic of the truck as it sits with the wheels I have for reference. Thanks in advance.
You must be registered for see images attach

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you post some pics of where it is hitting exactly. When I did my drop on the HOE, it would hit when you turn. If you're running dropping spindles you are going to have to modify some areas on the lower control arm but I don't know about the tie rod.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
I have never heard of issues with the tie rods. Like mentioned you might have to trim the lower control arms. The only thing I can think of is that the tie rods are hittin the frame (the adjuster sleeve). If that's the case it might lessen or go away once you drop the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
You will have to trim the "rain gutters" on the LCA with drop spindles and 15' wheels. Ill try and find a pic of how much needs to be removed.

Ive neer heard of tie rods hitting either .

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
my 15" steelies with 3.5" front spacing hit the tie rods when turned far. however, my 15" steelies with 4" front spacing do not

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
Trimming the Rain Gutters is when I realized I had this issue. here is a pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
i've noticed diff brand tie rods are thicker than others. i had a 91 rcsb with those wheels and had the same problem, i switched wheels