305 = 454 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my 60 e has been rebuilt and it still cant keep up with my tires

14sf 4.88 swap and a vss calibration, will make a HUGE difference

i cant think of a reason to put a motor in that gets 8 mpg

this 305 in my 96 pulling 35 tires around gets better gas miles than my 90 5.7

the 90 is in dire need of o2's,egr, and cat though.. and a worked tbody

i dont know a whole lot about tbi and even less about sfi

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just cant belive the bellhousing will actually match the block, well yeah it would blow up for sure
the only way to pull that off would be to go old school the right way with a th400 and carb'd bbc
this 5.0 dog has to go

nick251984

Reaction score
well ill put this the simple way to me
lots of power+ wimpy tranny and reared= BIG BOOM which also= Lots of money being spent

whats the big deal gotta spend the money on the 80e anyways might as well run the 60 till it *****.

mik2500

Reaction score
the 4l60e canbe built tought look over to he guys on ls1 tech ... those guys are making way more power than any stock 454 and are getting those 60e's to hold up nicely it is all in the build and a stock bigblock will not scrap a 60e i had a 3/4 ton with a decent bigblock and a 700r4 and it lasted along time and that was in mud with 35's i have built a few and the last one was behind somebig power ans is still going it is all about keeping them cool and getting a good firm shift .... i am not saying the 80 is bad but if you have a 60 and a stock bigblock run it with a good cooler i guess i am just ranting but the 60 gets abad rap mainlybecause of cooling issues but this is just my .02