3.8 w/blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you can make power from them but not a ton in stock form and not for a grand. honestly id love to find myself a manual optioned thirdgen bird and put a rwd 3.8 in it with twins

The Stig

Reaction score
I did quite a bit of research on these motors when I was looking into getting a Feiro and putting a supercharged 3.8l, which is a pretty popular swap. If I'm not mistaken you can make quite a bit of power out of them with out to much work or money but unfortunately they don't bolt in to any rwd setup (the FWD 3.8 V6 was a very different engine from the 3.8 in the camaro/firebird).

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like my 3.8. Decent power. Fairly easy to add more. I don't know that I'd ever put one in a truck though. I haven't been to the dyno yet, but I should be about 300 WHP in my Buick. Not really sure what HP these trucks put out. I've got a 5.7 Vortec and from what I'm reading it's about 210 HP. The 3.8 SC was 240(crank) when stock. I think everything being geared way different and the weights of the vehicles they are in make it difficult to really compare, but IDK. These also came in Camaros. Not SC versions, but the V6 Camaros had a version of this 3.8.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as real HP, there are guys that have made pretty decent power out of them. Most have switched to turbos though. The most aggressive builds on the SCs are about 400WHP.

This is my fav video. This guy is turbod and dynod at like 608WHP. This race is a 1/2 miles shootout vs a few year old Z06.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2g4D3tZ5G8