3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I mean is wherever the splines land - you should make a dimple/flat spot where the set screw is contacting the steering gear input shaft. If not, It may loosen over time. It happened to me twice after installing a RedHead steering gear coupled with a Cunningham Machine steering shaft on my 91 C2500. No issues after I made the dimple. I believe Borgeson insists on this procedure when using their shafts.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I mean is wherever the splines land - you should make a dimple/flat spot where the set screw is contacting the steering gear input shaft. If not, It may loosen over time. It happened to me twice after installing a RedHead steering gear coupled with a Cunningham Machine steering shaft on my 91 C2500. No issues after I made the dimple. I believe Borgeson insists on this procedure when using their shafts.
Ahh I understand now. That is a good idea. I will do that once I get the truck back. Currently it’s secured with loc tite.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this thread but just got caught up on it.

Awesome build man, hate to see the struggles you've had an I know how it feels! You're doing good work though so don't let the struggles make you question your work or decisions. I know sometimes I need to hear that myself when I'm questioning why the hell I mess with stuff sometimes :rofl: dam brakes :mad:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this thread but just got caught up on it.

Awesome build man, hate to see the struggles you've had an I know how it feels! You're doing good work though so don't let the struggles make you question your work or decisions. I know sometimes I need to hear that myself when I'm questioning why the hell I mess with stuff sometimes :rofl: dam brakes :mad:
Thanks for stopping by. You’ve had your fair share too. But we’ve both got some good looking rides.

In other news, the dealer didn’t have a chance to get to the truck on Thursday. So I don’t have the truck back yet. Thinking this is a good chance to get to work on the bed cover. Need to replace some hardware, get some paint, and some scotch brite pads.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to paint the bed cover today as well as address the rail repair. Which I thought was simply some missing hardware. Wrong. Sheared right off on both sides. My friend Brad can weld aluminum and I already reached out to him for a repair. Figure we will cut out the old stuff, add in a new square piece, and add a plate to it or something. It is kind of a high stress area.

Attachments

• IMG_9004.jpeg
    IMG_9004.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9003.jpeg
    IMG_9003.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 8

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang. Is that the hinge point?

NeverMind. I see it’s the cross bar, maybe? :893karatesmiley-thu

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang. Is that the hinge point?

NeverMind. I see it’s the cross bar, maybe? :893karatesmiley-thu
It is the hinge point and the rear cross bar that sits on the box by the cab. It’s a weird hinge for sure.
You must be registered for see images attach

Brad probably can’t get to it because it’s his busy time of year. My cousin owns a fabrication shop a bit south. And I haven’t seen him in a bit so I might call him up.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the hinge point and the rear cross bar that sits on the box by the cab. It’s a weird hinge for sure.
You must be registered for see images attach

Brad probably can’t get to it because it’s his busy time of year. My cousin owns a fabrication shop a bit south. And I haven’t seen him in a bit so I might call him up.
When you have fixed it make sure to lube it well when sliding it back together. Aluminium likes to stick to itself. That damage looks like it has been getting locked up and twisting the base section as the lid closes instead of rotating at the hinge point.