2wd coil spacers good or bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the RC 6” 2wd lift kit doesn’t come with new control arms so the stock ones should work for me, since I am basically making a 6” lift with different parts.

I have seen people use the stock brake lines with only the 4” spindles, I believe you can take the brake line out of one of the brackets to give it more slack. Not sure if the extra 2” would require extended brake lines though.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
the RC 6” 2wd lift kit doesn’t come with new control arms so the stock ones should work for me, since I am basically making a 6” lift with different parts.

I have seen people use the stock brake lines with only the 4” spindles, I believe you can take the brake line out of one of the brackets to give it more slack. Not sure if the extra 2” would require extended brake lines though.
Sounds about right. But I'm no expert either

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I found my answer. The RC 6” c1500 lift doesn’t require extended brake lines. The stock ones will work, you just need to unbolt them from their brackets to give them more slack.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I found my answer. The RC 6” c1500 lift doesn’t require extended brake lines. The stock ones will work, you just need to unbolt them from their brackets to give them more slack.
They are held on at the ball joint hardware - which you’ll be taking apart anyways, I’d assume. Never done a lift on these trucks.

Might also be a good time to replace the rubber brake hose, too.