$2500 Budget on 95 GMC ECSB Engine Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajundave10

Reaction score
I blew a head gasket after 250k on my truck.

I have resolved the over heating issue that caused the

What would you use this $2500 for to build a new engine or buy a crate engine and components. It is my daily driver. I would like something with more hp than the stock 190-210 hp 350 tbi.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I would buy a used TBI engine from the wreckers, and put the other 2000 in your bank account, in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd likely opt for the 4bolt >8600 gvw version, but mine's a 1ton and only use it for towing. Do you have a manual or auto? If an auto, then you might also save some back for trans work.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
You should want a roller cam 350 with vortec heads, better intake and a good torque cam. Seems like you could do that for less than 2500.

Remember more power usually means more fuel/pressure, more spark advance, more exhaust, more ... right? Gotta figure out exactly what you have $wise to work with and what you really expect out of the motor. Can you do any of the work yourself?