2010 equinox problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard of this code being caused by stretched timing chains/worn out cam phasers that have too much slack in them. That could be what you're looking at.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
True i read it could be the timing chain butbis also true that in the case if a stretched timing chain other DTC codes should have set in. Regardless ill wait for my tax money to take it to the stealership and have them look at it. Only issue i have now is that my inspection is overdue ( been at this for some time with the check engine light) and i have no way to make it pass

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice but that is exactly ehat i did. Took it to a mechanic and even he has no idea. I was trying to avoid going to the stealership but i guess I've got no choice.

Ouch! I wish you were around here, I'd help you out. Not sure where you took it obviously, but maybe the dealer might be the best option at this point. I came across a TSB on the 4 cylinder that there is a PCM reflash update for this code. There might be one for your V6 as well. But that's something you would have to go to the dealer for or a shop that had a MDI programmer and GM's TIS website access.