2004 2500HD Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Well, after an extensive search for a GMT400 DRW CCLB....there were very few in my price range that were remotely worth what they were asking. And the few I did find, the sellers got sketchy or got cold feet. But I did stumble across this thing.... it’s a 2004 2500HD 2wd, 6.0 / 4L80E.
You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a sharp truck!
I gotta admit, I wouldn't mind owning a GMT800, my dad's got an 02 GMC 2500HD with a Duramax, it's a pretty plush truck and it still feels about the same as my GMT400 comfort wise.

Got any big plans for this thing?

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Every decent GMT400 I find the seller wants an arm and a leg for it. Probably going to be looking into an '06-07 1/2 ton in the next few months.

Clean looking 2wd though. What sort of plans do you have for it?

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, after an extensive search for a GMT400 DRW CCLB....there were very few in my price range that were remotely worth what they were asking. And the few I did find, the sellers got sketchy or got cold feet. But I did stumble across this thing.... it’s a 2004 2500HD 2wd, 6.0 / 4L80E.
I guess I'll be the one to ask.....

How on the GMT planet did you decide to settle with an ECLB non-400, whimpy 6.0 over a CCLB dually and all that that implies?

I'm on the same search as you were, CCLB Dually 400, and I will find my trophy one of these days. Until then, my '99 3/4 ton Suburban will do the job at keeping me in the 400 world. I will admit that I kick myself almost every day for passing up on the '07 2500 CCLB Duramax that my ex-stepdad sold 5 years ago for $15K. Every time I see it driving around town I almost cry for passing it up! It only had 116K miles on it!

Last edited:

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Looks like a sharp truck!
I gotta admit, I wouldn't mind owning a GMT800, my dad's got an 02 GMC 2500HD with a Duramax, it's a pretty plush truck and it still feels about the same as my GMT400 comfort wise.

Got any big plans for this thing?

I appreciate it, the paint has seen way better days

I'm having the same problem. Every decent GMT400 I find the seller wants an arm and a leg for it. Probably going to be looking into an '06-07 1/2 ton in the next few months.

Clean looking 2wd though. What sort of plans do you have for it?

I just want to get it cleaned up good, maybe paint, PY0 wheels, dual exhaust, leather interior....basic stuff lmao

I guess I'll be the one to ask.....

How on the GMT planet did you decide to settle with an ECLB non-400, whimpy 6.0 over a CCLB dually and all that that implies?

I'm on the same search as you were, CCLB Dually 400, and I will find my trophy one of these days. Until then, my '99 3/4 ton Suburban will do the job at keeping me in the 400 world. I will admit that I kick myself almost every day for passing up on the '07 2500 CCLB Duramax that my ex-stepdad sold 5 years ago for $15K. Every time I see it driving around town I almost cry for passing it up! It only had 16K miles on it!

Man, I couldn’t find anything I was comfortable spending my money on in a GMT400 platform. And being that this is the 2nd 6.0 I’ve owned, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you about the wimpy part lol. The ex cab part I can work with (3rd ECLB 2500 I’ve owned lol)

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I mentioned above that I’m tossing around the idea of going with PY0’s, I bought the truck with these Discount Tire special MB wheels already on it.

I was hoping they’d polish out, so I bought some aluminum brightener to get the old dirt and stains off...and you can’t polish dirty aluminum.

Before

After

Unfortunately they seem to need a lot more work than a polishing ball and Mothers mag polish to get an acceptable shine. But at least they’re clean now

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At least the center caps aren't completely trashed. You could always plasti-dip one to see how they look in black. Use to be I wasn't a fan of black wheels until I bought my Charger that came with 20" black wheels. It has grown on me. I plan on doing some experimenting with my Alcoa's. The nice thing with plasti-dip id if I don't like it, it comes off faster than it went on.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
At least the center caps aren't completely trashed. You could always plasti-dip one to see how they look in black. Use to be I wasn't a fan of black wheels until I bought my Charger that came with 20" black wheels. It has grown on me. I plan on doing some experimenting with my Alcoa's. The nice thing with plasti-dip id if I don't like it, it comes off faster than it went on.

Definitely been considering Plasti-Dip lol

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Got bored yesterday, so decided to paint my bowtie, trying to somehow distance this thing from the other 6 million tan Silverados rolling around here.

Definitely seen better days

Halfway sanded

First coat

Finished product