2004 2500HD Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the one to ask.....

How on the GMT planet did you decide to settle with an ECLB non-400, whimpy 6.0 over a CCLB dually and all that that implies?

I'm on the same search as you were, CCLB Dually 400, and I will find my trophy one of these days. Until then, my '99 3/4 ton Suburban will do the job at keeping me in the 400 world. I will admit that I kick myself almost every day for passing up on the '07 2500 CCLB Duramax that my ex-stepdad sold 5 years ago for $15K. Every time I see it driving around town I almost cry for passing it up! It only had 116K miles on it!

I'm a little lost here too, so my guess is that the crew cab dually was more of a want than a need as a GMT800 gasser is probably rated to pull the same as a GMT400 dually. A 454 will lug better, but when a downshift is inevitable the 6.0 will shine.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Seems like every GMT800 I look at is missing the tailgate bezel,

Yep lol, I have one coming lol

I'm a little lost here too, so my guess is that the crew cab dually was more of a want than a need as a GMT800 gasser is probably rated to pull the same as a GMT400 dually. A 454 will lug better, but when a downshift is inevitable the 6.0 will shine.

Definitely a want lol, this is not a primary vehicle, it only really gets driven on my days off or if I actually need the bed to haul something. The CCLB was something I’ve always wanted, but I’ve also always liked the 6.0 engines.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Ever since I bought the truck, the oil pressure gauge stayed pegged at 80psi. Unfortunately with the age and miles, I knew this obviously wasn’t the proper oil pressure lol. I decided to gamble on a oil pressure sending unit.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now that looks normal

The sensor was hidden way back there near the bell housing.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
After painting the emblem, the front end still didn’t look right to me, I decided to paint the “mesh” grille semi gloss black

I like the way it turned out...

Before / After

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, I couldn’t find anything I was comfortable spending my money on in a GMT400 platform. And being that this is the 2nd 6.0 I’ve owned, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you about the wimpy part lol. The ex cab part I can work with (3rd ECLB 2500 I’ve owned lol)
It's kinda funny reading back through some old threads and seeing what I wrote. Giving you crap about giving up on the CCLB Dually 400 for a whimpey 6.0L. And here I am driving around an Escalade with a 6.0L in it because I couldn't find, and still can't find, that one perfect truck. And, while eating crow, I can say I absolutely love my 6.0L! It handles everything I dare hook to it as well as my 7.4L Suburban did, with almost twice the mpg. Even with that high rpm downshift pucker factor, it'll rise and shine so much more than the 7.4 did.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got bored yesterday, so decided to paint my bowtie, trying to somehow distance this thing from the other 6 million tan Silverados rolling around here.

Definitely seen better days

Halfway sanded

First coat

Finished product
Yes GM definitely got a good deal on that pewter paint! I have some car show stickers on the Burb for that very reason, so I can find it in parking lots! I plan to paint the bowtie pewter too, just make it slightly different from the gold.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Probably so. As Kenny would say, "aircraft paint stripper", that's what he used on his 97's wheels. Others on here have too. The aircraft stripper is suitable for aluminum.