2004 Gmc 2500hd from the ground up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found an upper radiator hose, got everything reconnected enough to start and run the motor. It sounds like it’s happy !!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You are really talented to be able to do everything you did to your truck. I wish I had the ability to do that. And I wish I had the money to do it. I hope you keep posting your progress. Thanks

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are really talented to be able to do everything you did to your truck. I wish I had the ability to do that. And I wish I had the money to do it. I hope you keep posting your progress. Thanks

Thank you I try and do things as clean as I can, I’m not afraid to take things completely apart and put them back together better then it was before.

updates to the build so I got the running, spin it over for a few seconds without the fuel pump relay let the motor build oil pressure and fired it up. It sounds really healthy.

I had to make a plate adapter for the evap sensor that was in the factory manifold and connects to the return fuel line in the truck. I ended up making a new line for it so I don’t have a big ugly plastic evap line laying across the top of the intake manifold

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when I was done mounting the evap sensor the wire for it was way to tight and not gonna work, so I had to go hunt in the wiring harness for more slack, I found plenty and put a new roll of tape wrap back around the harness before I loomed it back up.

also the trans cooler fitting that came with the cooler is leaking so I had to get another better quality a/n fitting and a 180 deg temperature switch for the fan on the trans cooler.

Tomorrow should be the last day putting the face back on and then getting a tune out in it so I can drive it down the road. The factory tune in the computer has no idea what’s going on rite now with all the work done to the motor.

cam heads valve train upgrade intake manifold the computer is lost rite now, and I have to get the electric fans turned on as well before it gets driven

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I got it all buttoned up today, fluids topped off, greased the front end, ran it up to temperature a few times and changed the oil filter, and bolted the bumper and face back on.

Tomorrow morning I have a guy that tunes the ls motors that does all the corvettes and Camaro's basically the guy tunes race cars, he’s coming to the house tomorrow to turn on the fans through the computer, and to put a tune in the computer so my **** runs rite and I can drive it !!!

The thing sounds like it’s gonna be a monster

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charged up the A/C today, gotta have that. I had a missfire issue had to change a fuel injector out cuz the check engine light was flashing. So now that the missfire is fixed I can get my guy back over to finish what he was doing with the tune and it will be ready to rock.

I can sit there all day and just listen to it idle it sounds sick !!!