20" Prostreet tire setup/ 6 lug conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys tired of my threads yet? LOL Sorry I work nights and no one is on so I think of new things to do to the truck when I get home. Hence all the research which always brings as many questions as answers so I'm starting a new thread. So a 6 lug conversions seems pretty simple, espically for us SS guys since we already have the 2500 Ext cab spindles/brakes. Gonna just get my rear axle and drum redrilled until I do a disc brake conversion, or swap to a TBSS rear end (still searchin for those measurements). I'm doing all this because I want to run the TBSS wheels, black of course. 20x8 fronts and 20 10 rears. Plan on runnin a big fat tire in the rear. And havent really thought of a tire size for the front. Gonna be dropped 4-5" in front and 4-5" in rear (I wanna little rake) and tubbed in the back. So my questions are

1) What offset do I need for the wheels in the front, definately wanna tuck them a little
2) What offset do I need for the rear to tuck completely, full tub and 4 link so I can go all the way to the frame.
3) What size tire for the front
4) Anybody have a tire size close to that for the rear 345/30R20 or 335/30R20
5) How much will this setup affect my ride quality?
6) Anybody know offhand the offset of the TBSS wheels?
7) What exactly is the 6 lug bolt pattern of the 2500 Rotors
8) Who makes a good drilled and slotted rotor instead of cheapy autozone/advance auto crap.

Last edited:

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
PHP:
The 14 bolt you have now is stronger then the tbss rearend. Just call one of the axle company and tell you want stock replacement axle with 6lug. They can make you axles 6lug

I will buy you rear if you do change to the tbss rear.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PHP:
The 14 bolt you have now is stronger then the tbss rearend. Just call one of the axle company and tell you want stock replacement axle with 6lug. They can make you axles 6lug

I will buy you rear if you do change to the tbss rear.

I didn't even think of that. I was told on the SS site, under NO circumstances do I let this rear/axles go as they are an SS specific item that is impossible to find. What company makes axles for it? And I don't even know what to tell them, it's a 14 bolt 9.5". I thought the same as the TBSS but I guess not?

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I didn't even think of that. I was told on the SS site, under NO circumstances do I let this rear/axles go as they are an SS specific item that is impossible to find. What company makes axles for it? And I don't even know what to tell them, it's a 14 bolt 9.5". I thought the same as the TBSS but I guess not?

Mosser is the company I use the most. Just call them ad tell them you a 1990 stock rear end. And you want to change to 6lug axles. They will fix you up. No the tbss is only a 8.6 I believe.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. probably give them a call soon and just get an idea what the price will be like.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I gotta PM from NORCALSS and from what he said, the offset has to change so much that I should probably just get 5x5 to 6x5.5 adapters anyway. Anybody got any pics of an OBS with TBSS 20s, preferably a black truck, with black wheels.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
So I gotta PM from NORCALSS and from what he said, the offset has to change so much that I should probably just get 5x5 to 6x5.5 adapters anyway. Anybody got any pics of an OBS with TBSS 20s, preferably a black truck, with black wheels.

Just my IMO
Be very carefully will adpter on high horse power truck. In this little blazer I had a ls1 and t56 set up and I mainly played on the street with this blazer. One day took off kinda of hard from a red light and the blazer sheared the studs flush with the adpter. The adpter changed the ride of my blazer in a big way by pushing the wheel center of the wheel put.
You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
If you do end up going 6 lug then just get a 14 bolt sf out of a 2wd light duty 2500, it will be 6 lug andyou can sell your current axle for a pretty penny. Also just so you know, if swapping to a 6lug 14 bolt sf the 4wd axles are 2 inches wider than the 2wds.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read that in a couple places. It would acutally work out perfect with the TBSS wheels b/c of the offset. I'd still have to run a spacer in the front.