2 new problems with my truck ......i have no idea what they could be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well first is when my truck is in park and i start it up cold, shifting to drive from park leaves me truck sitting and not idleing forward. then when i push the gas very easy, it makes a bang and i can feel it in the steering wheel. its defintly a hard bang on the truck but then it drives away fine and goes through the gears fine.

the second issue is when i start the truck up cold if i pull away slowly and ap the brakes coming out of my driveway, the brakes seem to lose their abs system they lock up and screech. if the truck warms up i have no issues at all and it comes to stop with no problems...

guys i have no idea what these issues could be any help here would be very much appreciated!!!!

thanks

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did similar last fall....I put on new shoes and re-adjusted the rear brakes and it was a world of difference...not sure if thats what you have going on or not..Hope you find it though.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its the rear shoes hanging up my 88 3500 chevy would do that in wet weather,not sure what caused it would still do it with new shoes but only when it was wet out

K3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well ...... anyone kow anything bout the bang. it just started today i hadnt herd or felt anything before today

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it may be your shoes hanging and breaking free...mine does it from sitting over night...usually when its wet outside.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Brake shoes.... mine does it every time I leave from a complete stop.

nickwhite

Reaction score
put it in reverse get moving a a nice speed and hammer on your brakes every morning

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it probably adjust the distance between your shoes and your drum. sound like your brake shoes are hanging up, and your torque converter is not locking up when the gas is pressed. or you have a bad seal in your tranny which leaks and doesn't expand untill its warm. just my two pennies.