2 in standard cowl vs the 2 in teardrop style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99classicride

Reaction score
I'm currently doing a restoration/upgrade project on my 99 k1500 and was wondering if i could get some input on which cowl hood to put on it. would like to see what the teardrop would look like on it if i was to go that route.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
reg. don't like the teardrop, looks funny, really curvy and these trucks aint curvy, not that much.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
reg. don't like the teardrop, looks funny, really curvy and these trucks aint curvy, not that much.

I thought the same thing, but I got a great deal on mine. After seeing it on I wouldn't go back to the 1st Style hood.
You must be registered for see images attach

Old hood.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool to actually see one on a gmt400, I don't like the reg 2 inchers because everyone runs them, too close to stock looking for me, but I think I still preffer reg over teardrop.

truck looks good though. I like the bumper lights.

99classicride

Reaction score
great looking truck! the teardrop style looks more low profile than the standard, might be leaning that way appreciate the pics

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool to actually see one on a gmt400, I don't like the reg 2 inchers because everyone runs them, too close to stock looking for me, but I think I still preffer reg over teardrop.

truck looks good though. I like the bumper lights.

Thanks. I like the very subtle lines of the goodmark hood. The ram air version with the "Z-28" style scoop is not for me, but some trucks pull it off.

great looking truck! the teardrop style looks more low profile than the standard, might be leaning that way appreciate the pics

Thanks man. I think it fits the overall idea of my truck. Everything will be very subdued. Truck will be murdered and trimmed in flat black this summer.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, Id go with the standard cowl just because it follows the body lines better imo

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the ram air style ones alot, whether it's the single scoop, 443 wide and flat style or the ram air 2 like the trans ams had in 2000's.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Teardrops look good on lowered trucks but i dont think theyd look that good on lifted/stock height trucks.