2 in standard cowl vs the 2 in teardrop style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
^^Exactly what Canuck said.^^ Then again, I'm partial to mine.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really enjoy the 442 hoods on these trucks, but I'm biased due to growing up with a '70 442 in the garage:
You must be registered for see images attach

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted that hood more than anything when I was a kid and had my 91 Sport (why I bought the SS). I just don't like the look of it from the front. From the angle they took the pic though, it looks absolutely sick.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted that hood more than anything when I was a kid and had my 91 Sport (why I bought the SS). I still would have a hard time turning one down if I came across a good deal.
Yeah I love that hood... but the price on them is ridiculous :nono:

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I was torn between the 2 when I first read this thread but after thinking about it for a day I personally would go with the teardrop style because honestly the standard cowl hood is a design, that is even older than these trucks. You see a lot of the standard cowl hoods on a LOT of other vehicles.

I also disagree with the standard cowl fitting the look of the truck. Standard cowl hood looks GREAT on 73-87 GM trucks, but I feel the teardrop fits these trucks better.

The 442 style does look good as well but usually I feel you need to do some other things to tie the look into the truck. be it wild paint or a custom air dam or something.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i like this one

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for any show truck, that is suppose to be nice and clean id say 2inch reg, fits the body lines the best, but for a truck that you want to looks like a mean offroad truck, or a street beast id say 4inch 6inch is just too much