2 Door Tahoe Build 4/6 on Billets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Sold my 08 Sierra NNBS that I dropped 4/7 with yukon 20's b/c I drive my Z06 95% of the time.. I wanted a cheap truck since I mostly only use it to pull my boat to and from the lake and four wheelers on occasion. I just picked up this 96 2wd 2 door tahoe to mess around with. I've always liked the lines of the OBS bodystyle & decided to look at 2 door tahoes and single cab trucks.. I quickly realized it is almost impossible to find a 2wd 2 door tahoe, so I decided to look exclusively for a tahoe since they are very rare. I found one but not exactly what I wanted.. Its white with blue interior & has the 350 vortec. but the body has 297K miles. I love the blue interior but I wanted a dark blue truck with dark blue interior. This will do for now and may get some new paint in the future.

I am planning to go with a 5/7 or 4/6 drop. So far I have 2" DJM spindles and will be cutting my stock springs for 2".. once I get the truck done I will decide if I want to go 4/6 or 5/7 and order the correct springs. I also have a flip kit, shock extenders, and a C-notch for the rear.. The C-notch I have is for a truck which will require some "massaging" to work with the tahoe frame but I think I can get it right with some heat and a BFH.

I have started on the rear drop and the major issue I see is there is a crossmember that is directly above the rear axle that supports the body, so I will have to do some major cutting on this crossmember and hope it doesnt have a negative effect. If anyone has info on this I'd love some help!

Heres the truck when I first got it. Paint/body & interior are all in great shape just needed ALOT of cleanup. No body damage or even many dents. Engine has a cylinder 4 misfire which I am 98% sure it is the stupid spider injector so I will have to figure that out after I finish the drop.

You must be registered for see images attach

I sold those ugly 15x10's for the same amount of money I picked up these billet specialty wheels for.. I am going to have to change the tires for a shorter tire after the drop though. I also have a set of 5x5 truck ralley wheels that I will be painting black and running on the truck for a little while.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoping to get some more progress on the flip kit this weekend.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Are you a member on tahoeyukonforum.com ?

I would go there and check out the 1991-1999 section. They would probably be able to help you out with dropping that 2-door. Looks good. Swapping the wheels was a good choice.

Also, if you're going to drop it, I would suggest shaving the roof rack (assuming you won't be using it). They do look a lot cleaner without them.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Are you a member on tahoeyukonforum.com ?

I would go there and check out the 1991-1999 section. They would probably be able to help you out with dropping that 2-door. Looks good. Swapping the wheels was a good choice.

Also, if you're going to drop it, I would suggest shaving the roof rack (assuming you won't be using it). They do look a lot cleaner without them.

Ya the roof rack will be coming off soon as well as a cowl hood and GMC front and a smoothie bumper. I am on Tahoeyukonforum and I posted in the 91-99 section asking for help on the crossmember.. Thats really the only part I am worried about but It is not the only body support back there so I think I will be ok to section that crossmember.