2.5 in lift Shocks Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I lifted my truck with torsion keys, add a leaf in back, and some rough country upper control arms. I was just wondering which bilstein shocks I should use for this little bit of lift I’ve installed. I also would like to mention that the shocks from tough country make contact with my bump stops off my frame and wondered if any of you have modified or deleted them. I believe it’s only when the truck is in the air and the suspension is hanging so I don’t mind so much I would just rather not destroy the new bilstiens if/ when I decide to get some. Thanks guys!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry bud but the in the air thing gave me a vision of a Duke Boys creek jumping launch.

The short answer is there is plenty of info on the control arm/crank kits and how they don't correct the geometry of the lower control arm on this site.

The only reason I can think that the shock is hitting the frame at full extension is that you have it cranked to the max. If the bilstien are not a narrower body then then you won't gain any clearance. Shocks are not going to correct the geometry issue.

Reaction score
Sorry bud but the in the air thing gave me a vision of a Duke Boys creek jumping launch.

The short answer is there is plenty of info on the control arm/crank kits and how they don't correct the geometry of the lower control arm on this site.

The only reason I can think that the shock is hitting the frame at full extension is that you have it cranked to the max. If the bilstien are not a narrower body then then you won't gain any clearance. Shocks are not going to correct the geometry issue.
I wasn’t planning on them fixing it I was going to modify my bump stops Sorry if that came off as snarky. When I do install them I’m planning on cranking my keys down slightly in the mean time does anyone know which size bilstiens I should get?

Travon

Reaction score
I was wandering the same a few months ago and emailed Bilstein. Per them 1-1.5 inches or leveled
the 4600's should be fine. The 5100's need at least 3.5-4 inches..