1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well LB stuck to his word, it took about 15 days but I did get new lug covers in the other day. Bad news, it's the same thing I have just from a different supplier. :doh2:

Top is one I just took off the truck, bottom is a new one.
You must be registered for see images attach

So that isn't going to do anything to stop the noise but now I have spare covers I guess.

Got started on the brakes, had to get drums they are full of grooves an probably over the max diameter since they are visually already measuring 13 1/16 an that's on the inside ridge not the grooves in the shoe area.

I ordered these caps, should have mostly the same look, I asked LB about them but he had already sent the lug covers instead. I'm just going to be done with them now though. Sucks that I had to spend another $100 on them but whatever I guess.

I can't find them separately anywhere or in a kit either but these are the style covers I need to run the alcoa caps.

Attachments

• 20240425_155259.jpg
    20240425_155259.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 4

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well 2 days worth of figuring, trial, errors an more trial, I have the helpers back in. :cheers:
Hacked up the tin works bracket an then flipped it over and crossed sides. These are maxspeed or something bags off Amazon. They were supposedly 2.6" collapsed but are more like 3". Going to give them a try but I only have about 1/4" of up travel on them at ride height/0 psi. I plan to keep about 25-30 in them though so we will see how they do. I have found some single bellow ones that are 2" collapsed (according to the spec) so if these are to harsh I'll swap them out yet again. :doh2:

Got the new calipers an hoses in up front as well. Rotors an pads are still decent looking, so they stayed. Should have painted the drop spindles...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All ac parts are in an ready for vacuuming down an charging. Every piece except the high pressure switch that goes on the line set is new. I have to get a vacuum pump though, forgot mine got "burned up" when I had it at my old shop...

After that I got the brakes bled (pedal still isn't great as usual but no more air in the system), pulled the cowl to clean under there an the very bottom of the windshield, greased an adjusted the wiper linkage while it was off. Then a buddy stopped by an helped me pull the front doors to do pins, bushings, rollers, new springs and strikers. Doors shut awesome now! I still have new latches to put in but I might hold off on them.