1998 L29 454 Torque pro app findings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope! [emoji1787] Still not working, got a "failed to download" message. I'll have to try it on a computer later. Watcha trying to share, a picture? Is anyone else having trouble with seeing this or is it just me?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes a tech bulletin that explains the EVO and what it looks like. They started putting them on in '97 most people remove them GM offered a kit to remove at one point.

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I googled "GMC tech bulletin EVO" and found the same link you sent, still didn't work. Think my smart phone ain't as smart as I'd hoped it to be [emoji1787]. But everything you're saying makes sense and puts me at ease about the random unplugged wire flopping around in the engine bay. The steering is consistent and what I would consider light at all speeds, she boggs down a little at idle/stopped when going to full lock making turns into tight spots but that seems normal to me on a 23 year old truck with oversized tires. I really appreciate your help!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The document is a PDF (Adobe Acrobat); you may need to download a reader for it - just watch out for sketchy reader apps. And of course watch out for sketchy PDF's... only click them from trusted sources.

Richard