1998 ecm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eshaw

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some assistance. I'm wanting to find a picture of the ECM for a 1998 4x4 truck, a Silverado with the 5.7 and manual transmission. I need to see the white label tag that has the Service number and the other information on the bottom side of the black box. I'm putting together a S10 with a 5.7 and 5 speed transmission. I have a automatic ECM but would like to locate the manual one so IF I do the 5 speed it won't throw a bunch of codes. Any help is appreciated.

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not go to a 411 PCM, especially if you're swapping into a S10, it wouldnt be a bad idea to go ahead and do some tuning on it as well? But just an option for you instead of trying to find a 5.7/manual blackbox

eshaw

Reaction score
All I have to do with the black box is stick it in, change a few wires around and do a relearn procedure and I'll be golden. The 0411 can come later after it's running.

eshaw

Reaction score
I'd also like to know, who on here can modify opertating systems? I have a 0411 that has a 5.7? auto Savannah van operating system in it at the moment. I don't think any vans came with the 5 speed did they??? Anyone on here do this kind of work?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm no real help on the sticker/part number as both of my trucks are '97s, but an easy way to tell the '96-'97 black box PCMs from the '98+ is that the '96-'97 model has five connectors while the '98+ only has four.