1998 C2500HD control arms on C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ethanmccll

Reaction score
I’d like to know if anyone has put the c2500 forged upper control arms on a c1500. I’m interested in doing something like this to my truck cause I’m not a huge fan of the stamped control arms the stock c1500’s have and don’t wanna shell out 500$ for some custom tubulars. My truck is lifted on 4” rc spindles and has 33’s. I’ve heard some stories about the stamped a arms bending with bigger lifts and tires and would just like the extra reassurance the forged uppers would give me and maybe even some longer travel

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild guess- no. For your sake, hopefully I’m wrong.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’d like to know if anyone has put the c2500 forged upper control arms on a c1500. I’m interested in doing something like this to my truck cause I’m not a huge fan of the stamped control arms the stock c1500’s have and don’t wanna shell out 500$ for some custom tubulars. My truck is lifted on 4” rc spindles and has 33’s. I’ve heard some stories about the stamped a arms bending with bigger lifts and tires and would just like the extra reassurance the forged uppers would give me and maybe even some longer travel
They'll bolt right into the pockets on the frame, BUT..

The ball joints have the wrong stud size for your spindles.

You can re-drill two holes on each control arm to fit the *ball joints for the C1500 spindles.

These are C3500 forged uppers (same part as the C2500) on my friend Tim's old '88 C1500 that he converted from a RCSB V6 truck to a slammed dually with a 502..

You must be registered for see images attach

He used full C3500 front suspension though, spindles, brakes, etc. so no re-drilling of the ball joint holes was needed.

(*sorry for the edit, got a little ahead of myself there. Pretty sure you understood what I meant tho. To fit the correct 1500 ball joints so you keep your 1500 spindles)

Richard

Last edited: