1998 C2500 Period Correct Daily Driver “Heavy Duty Judy”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great choice on the wheels. I've always liked those the best and wish there was a six lug version available. I'd have them on my Tahoe. As for period correct, you're looking good, in my opinion. I've owned my own truck since nearly new, and haven't bothered to change much of anything except add a CB like RichLo pointed out! Hopefully you still have the original stereo in it. Mine does, and I tapped into the line level leads running from the CD player to the head unit, with a plug and a cut over switch out of sight under the dash. That way I can plug in music or still listen to the CD. I've got an old-school original iPod in my truck still (not trying to be period correct, just no need to ever change it) but have thought about plugging a bluetooth adapter in there instead.

Anyway, great looking truck.

I think they made some prototype 6 lug PYOs... there's a post somewhere on the internet of a guy that was given some and nobody really knew they existed, LOL. I'll see if I can find it....Here!: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/found-a-truck-with-6-lug-py0-prototype-wheels.33969/

I like how they are easy to clean. The don't have those deep walls like most rims, so just get a brush and fits in there and literally is a breeze.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your right, there isnt much to build here, more of a re-arrange. I have the typical steering slop to figure out. And I really do want to get more altitude on the front. I know its not a K2500, but I want to make it have that stance if possible, without having to go buy a K2500 (which I know is the obvious answer.)

SAS is the obvious answer.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The exterior shot was taken two months ago and the interior shot is two years old when I recovered the lower part of the seat. 283,000 miles, I just kept it clean and respected it.
Very nice truck. Mine has 255,000 miles and look about as good as yours. Like yours, mine is also period correct or for the most part anyway. I have over 40 modifications on mine. All Subtle, well most of them are anyway. As you we'll know, you fix or replace what wares out. Hell I have spent $5000 on my truck since February. Trans, rear end, tires, ect., But you can't buy a new one for that, nor do I want one. You have a super nice truck. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Last edited:

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
Very nice truck. Mine has 255,000 miles and look about as good as yours. Like yours, mine is also period correct or for the most part anyway. I have over 40 modifications on mine. All Subtle, well most of them are anyway. As you we'll know, you fix or replace what wares out. Hell I have spent $5000 on my truck since February. Trans, rear end, tires, ect., But you can't buy a new one for that, nor do I want one. You have a super nice truck. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
Thank you. Yes, I’ve replaced a few things on mine as well. My only mods are a remote start (I installed in ‘97) and an aooga horn.
Also, forgive me for the hijack.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. I’ve owned my nearly identical ‘97 Cheyenne since new, and it’s completely untouched, except for upkeep. I like period correct.
I agree with everyone else. You have a beautiful truck. And maybe its because I have steelies but your wheels look nice. I love the classic look. Awesome job.