1998 C2500 Period Correct Daily Driver “Heavy Duty Judy”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I want to build a “period correct” daily driver out of a super clean 5.7 vortec, 115,000 mile, 98 C2500. The idea here is make it look like it still belongs to the time period it came from, but make it look nice. The old 2wd 2500’s were all steely wheeled work horses that weren’t built with frills or to particularly look nice. So here I go. Not much on the forum with a C2500 build up so I thought I would document what I can and hope to help the next guy that wants to maybe spruce his up. So far all I have done is clean it up and add some new wheels and tires. I want to consider leveling the front but definitely want to stay away from the Cali lean.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought some PY0 wheels off a dude parting out a k2500 suburban for $100, including giving him my steely wheels with 17 year old tires on them. I know they aren’t from 98, but they should have been! I would have bought some ASAP back in the day as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
265/75/16 General Grabbers because I could not find any BFG All Terrains. They are a good substitute in my opinion…. The truck looks great but could use more altitude in the front end. Lift spindles seem to be the best option if you ask me, but I am only finding them in a 4” lift, not sure I want that much on the front, and I really dont want to add anymore to the rear.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a nice truck you have there. I too love then PY0s...I've got a set that I will install on my K3500 some day.

But your looks mint, interior and exterior. What do you mean by "build?" LOL. Just drive it an enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your right, there isnt much to build here, more of a re-arrange. I have the typical steering slop to figure out. And I really do want to get more altitude on the front. I know its not a K2500, but I want to make it have that stance if possible, without having to go buy a K2500 (which I know is the obvious answer.)

FLJoe

Reaction score
Great choice on the wheels. I've always liked those the best and wish there was a six lug version available. I'd have them on my Tahoe. As for period correct, you're looking good, in my opinion. I've owned my own truck since nearly new, and haven't bothered to change much of anything except add a CB like RichLo pointed out! Hopefully you still have the original stereo in it. Mine does, and I tapped into the line level leads running from the CD player to the head unit, with a plug and a cut over switch out of sight under the dash. That way I can plug in music or still listen to the CD. I've got an old-school original iPod in my truck still (not trying to be period correct, just no need to ever change it) but have thought about plugging a bluetooth adapter in there instead.

Anyway, great looking truck.