1997 gmc k2500 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Burban is in for inspection and stuck with the balancer removal. It was going smooth for half a cm and then stuck. First broke the outer puller bolts, then sheared the nose. Made a new nose piece but will be trying to push it back in again first. Taking balancer apart and some heat were of no help.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20230707_000534.jpg
    20230707_000534.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 5

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had the damaged hub cleaned up and honed half a thousands on the id. Welded oil drain fitting to the oil pan in better location. Started checking main bearings.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I perused your thread but I couldn't find where you posted, what's the part number on those heads?
I'm hoping to get a new mill built for my truck over winter, and I'm debating on aluminum heads or just ported and polished factory heads.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I perused your thread but I couldn't find where you posted, what's the part number on those heads?
I'm hoping to get a new mill built for my truck over winter, and I'm debating on aluminum heads or just ported and polished factory heads.
Heads were custom ordered through Lewis Racing Engines. Otherwise the base is a bare race rite oval port 270 head. I had springs, exhaust valve change, cnc chamber and angle milled added on my order.
For my elco I have a set of cnc version afr 265's