1997 Chevy k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The computer isn't the problem (I hope.)

The issue is that you'll be screwing with the wire harness, playing pin-the-tail-on-the-molded-plastic-connector.

So if the O2 sensors don't work now, and then you dick with everything, and the O2 sensors don't work afterward, you won't know if you pinned the harness correctly, or if the harness is somehow damaged. You'll be chasing your tail trying to figure out what is wrong.

FIX IT before you swap computers so that you know it works before you complicate the situation.

Obs89

Reaction score
How can I fix it. The black box has been tuned to read o2 at the perfect abt with out it having any o2 sensors. I even plugged some in and it didn’t even try ro read them.

Obs89

Reaction score

The issue is that you'll be screwing with the wire harness, playing pin-the-tail-on-the-molded-plastic-connector.

So if the O2 sensors don't work now, and then you dick with everything, and the O2 sensors don't work afterward, you won't know if you pinned the harness correctly, or if the harness is somehow damaged. You'll be chasing your tail trying to figure out what is wrong.

FIX IT before you swap computers so that you know it works before you complicate the situation.
^

Obs89

Reaction score

long story short.its the computer. There is no way thats its the wireing. I plugged new o2's in and the readings never changed. So unless theres a saftey back up reading prgramed in the black box. Then the guy before me had it programed. I do know it was programed idk for what but he did say he got it tune.