1997 chevy k1500 P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obs89

Reaction score
I have a 97 chevy with brand new injectors and temp sensor,cap,rotor,plugs,plug wires. EGR valve. and new distributer, new fuel pump and filter. clean grounds. It seems to missfireing on 1 and 5 and it some time counts up on cylnder 2 but i believe it may be a false count. i have a new crank shaft position sensor but i didnt do a relearn. should i do that if so how. i need help. i am so confused on what the missfire is cause by. I will state it is some what new engine it has been fully rebuilt and built up. so i highly doubt its a intake gasket.

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that it’s only misfiring at idle.
What are your iac counts like? the vortec distributors can get worn and flop around a little at idle,. and check to see if your throttle blades are clean,.

Obs89

Reaction score
What are your iac counts like? the vortec distributors can get worn and flop around a little at idle,. and check to see if your throttle blades are clean,.
i beleive my iac stays at 36 at idle and my throttle body is clean. I cleaned it when i did my spider injectors.Also its a new cap and rotar also the distribor isnt to old maybe like 4 months .

Obs89

Reaction score
i have talked to another guy with same truck and built engine and he said if ur idle isnt set high enough the computer is going to think its misfiring. so i held rpm around 8-9 and misses went away so im going to with that. just letting everyone know that.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the commanded idle speed, and what is the actual idle speed? If there's a difference beyond about 10 RPM, you need to investigate why the computer can't control the idle speed appropriately.