97 k1500 p0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d set cam retard per spec. If that doesn’t help maybe throw original distributor back in. What distributor did you install? GM, Chinese knockoff…?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Amazon supplies many manufacturers tools and parts. What brand is it?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

I always prefer new and quality. I have never had a problem with Genuine GM, AC Delco or Delphi. I do not like to go cheap and cross my fingers and hope the off brand I install is actually a good product. Could even be bad out of the box. I wrench at home and my customers have to install what parts I say. I don't make money on their parts. It is a 50/50 crap shoot as to whether you got a good distributor.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I always prefer new and quality. I have never had a problem with Genuine GM, AC Delco or Delphi. I do not like to go cheap and cross my fingers and hope the off brand I install is actually a good product. Could even be bad out of the box. I wrench at home and my customers have to install what parts I say. I don't make money on their parts. It is a 50/50 crap shoot as to whether you got a good distributor.
…and that’s why I kept asking.
I agree, but I’m intrigued by the UMP 9362, a ton of guys run this and all good reviews.
You must be registered for see images attach

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
…and that’s why I kept asking.
I agree, but I’m intrigued by the UMP 9362, a ton of guys run this and all good reviews.
You must be registered for see images attach
No doubt, there is other quality choices, but....old dog/new tricks....plus, I am a thousandaire after all.