P0300 - misfire only at idle, none while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papikev252

Reaction score
Been chasing this P0300 for a while now. 98 K3500 7.4L

Hooked up a scanner to view misfire data and it’s all over the place with 2 & 3 and 6 & 7 being the worst. I’ve replaced every ignition component, spark plugs gapped at .45, new Bosch fuel injectors. New crank position sensor and did a crank relearn. I did the upper intake manifold when I did the fuel injectors and also tested with a noid light to make sure they were all getting voltage. CMP is at 0, I’ve done a compression test and all were within 150-160 psi. Fuel Pressure is 60 with KOEO, and 55 when running. I’ve also replace the O2s with Bosch. It’s only at idle when the misfires occur, when I’m driving there are none whatsoever. I’ve smoke tested everything for leaks and don’t see anything leaking out. I’m at a loss, I have a scanner so maybe some insight of what to look for? I see sometimes the ECM may be an issue maybe was going to go that route.

2jduenas

Reaction score
Been chasing this P0300 for a while now. 98 K3500 7.4L

Hooked up a scanner to view misfire data and it’s all over the place with 2 & 3 and 6 & 7 being the worst. I’ve replaced every ignition component, spark plugs gapped at .45, new Bosch fuel injectors. New crank position sensor and did a crank relearn. I did the upper intake manifold when I did the fuel injectors and also tested with a noid light to make sure they were all getting voltage. CMP is at 0, I’ve done a compression test and all were within 150-160 psi. Fuel Pressure is 60 with KOEO, and 55 when running. I’ve also replace the O2s with Bosch. It’s only at idle when the misfires occur, when I’m driving there are none whatsoever. I’ve smoke tested everything for leaks and don’t see anything leaking out. I’m at a loss, I have a scanner so maybe some insight of what to look for? I see sometimes the ECM may be an issue maybe was going to go that route.
I’m going through same thing and wondering if you ever figured it out??? Would be great if you did. I would appreciate anything advice on this. Thanks